Our Process for Cleaning Rugs
We are IICRC certified and an in-plant cleaning facility experienced in the cleaning and maintenance of your oriental rugs. With our expertise we remove the dirt you can’t see extending the life and appearance of your rugs, and by understanding how we clean the rugs you can see why our rug cleaning process is more effective than simply steam cleaning them.
We use a 5 step method of cleaning: dusting, washing, rinsing, drying and grooming:
1. Dusting: your rug is beaten and vacuumed until all loose dirt is removed.
2. Washing: we use a safe neutral PH Oriental shampoo over the body of the rug along with a unique method called “peptization” (explained in the wall to wall carpet cleaning information section) which helps remove soil and leaves less residue. Then a special cleaning agent that enhances brightness is used to clean the fringe.
3. Then your rug is rinsed with warm water (less than 120 degrees) which is immediately extracted removing all soil and cleaning agents. At this point we set the pile in the correct direction giving you a bright sheen look from one end and a deep rich look from the other.
4. Your rug is then hung to dry in constant moving air with dehumidifiers for 3-4 days to ensure thorough drying.
5. Lastly it is groomed with a pile brush to give it a plush look and feel. The fringe is groomed and straightened to ensure no tangles or stray loose fibers.
We also have the capability to dry clean rugs that cannot be wet cleaned. However, in our experience, we have found that 99% of all rugs can safely be wet cleaned as long as the technician has the correct knowledge and has been trained properly.
Turn around time varies with each individual rug. We do our best to get your rug back to you as soon as possible but we prioritize providing quality services meaning some rugs may need extra treatment due to stubborn stains, heavy soiling, odors, etc. requiring additional cleaning and care. Due to these unforeseen circumstances, we regret we can only estimate, not promise, a completion time.
We clean all types of rugs:
- Border Rugs
- Jute and Sisal
- Chain-stitch and Needlepoint
Why use our services?
Rugs are made of many different delicate fibers and dyes. We are trained to recognize these fibers and dyes and have the experience and equipment to care for them properly reviving your rugs natural colors and beauty.
We believe in quality over quantity and you get what you pay for. We take our time and guarantee our work and your satisfaction. If our prices seem high or our completion time long, it is because of our dedication to quality.
- Vacuum frequently and avoid the fringe
- If something spills, blot with a clean white towel, rinse with cool water, and blot dry. Do not scrub or apply any cleaning agents
- Call a certified professional for advice and service
- Rotate your rugs annually so they wear evenly
- Use coasters under heavy furniture to prevent crushing the rug fibers
- Consider purchasing a rug pad, they extend the life of your rug
- Avoid DIY cleaning methods and products